Monday, March 31, 2014

Homemade dog food

So this batch lasts me 2 weeks with my 3 small size dogs. 
4 pounds of meat (chicken in this recipe)
Mixed veggies. (If I cannot find good veggies at the farmers market I use one bag of frozen veggies from the store. I mix veggies no specific.)
2-3 cups of brown rice
1 large sweet potato
1 can of tomato sauce
2-3 boiled eggs. (Full eggs with shells. Dogs need a higher amount of calcium which is found in the shells. Not good for human consumption but great for dogs)
1 tbs olive oil

Precook everything. Then put in blender and mix together over low-med heat. 




1 comment:

  1. Everyday, I always my dog a healthy dog food and she have a strong body, but lately I noticed that she never eats her dog food. I guess she wants a new food and my friend suggested me to create a homemade recipe. I found your recipe shared in your blog and this is the perfect food for my pet. Learn more about: vets swale

    ReplyDelete